Valentine's Gift That She'll Love!
Author: Kelly Date Posted:11 January 2019
A Valentines Gift sits in a very special place in the heart and memory of every woman. I should know! After more than fourteen years of delivery love on Valentines Day to our customers I have seen all kinds of romantic and flamboyant gestures. From marriage proposals to secret rendezvous, first dates to 50th wedding anniversaries (awwww!). This romantic day of the year where a Valentines Gift is exchanged and hearts are won. Here is my personal top 10 Valentines Gifts that every woman will swoon for on the 14th February:
- Fresh flowers. Tried and true, red roses are the traditional favourite but in recent years we are seeing trends towards long lasting natives and beautiful hat box presentations that add some wow on arrival. Whilst my personal opinion is that this is perhaps the more obvious selection, I certainly would be delighted to receive a Valentines Gift of fresh flowers from my husband on the 14th.
- Chocolate. In Japan, beautifully presented chocolate gifts are the popular choice for a Valentines Gift. For the sweet toothed lover this is the ideal Valentines Gift selection and Edible Blooms is the unique floral twist of this tradition from St Valentine.
- A romantic picnic. With February 14th falling in our Summer months in Australia, it’s perfectly timed for a surprise romantic picnic in your favourite setting (insert beach, lake or park whichever your Valentine favours!). Pack their favourite tipple, some smelly cheeses and to really top it off get in early and book one of our limited edition Valentines Gift boxes of Belgian dipped strawberries and donuts.
- Champagne. For those that enjoy the finer things in life, a beautiful gift of chocolate and champagne really hits the spot for Valentines Gift inspiration. Select your favourite fizz – whether it’s a quality Australian sparkling or a traditional French champagne.
- Craft beers. Women are flocking to hops and harvested ales hand crafted by local artisans. At Edible Blooms we’ve combined the Valentines Gift of a traditional bouquet with a selection of local craft beers for sampling with your loved one.
- Relaxation. For all the Mum’s out there, the best Valentines Gift is the gift of time – to herself! Time out to read a book, take a walk down the beach or lie back in the bath for a soak. It doesn’t have to be about spending big, it’s all about the thoughtful gesture.
- A growing plant. Give today and grow tomorrow, your love will be everlasting with this green Valentines Gift idea. Perfect for the person working at a desk, you can send them a romantic buddy to sit next to them and remind them of your growing love day in and day out. (Psst, at Edible Blooms you can add an extra boost of personality and send your plant gift with a cute name too!)
- Lingerie. A suggestive and very personal gift to select, may I suggest if you choose this Valentines Gift that you do your research. Make sure you check her sizing from her drawer before you go into the store, or online as the case may be.
- Home cooked meal. Her favourite dishes with all the trimmings, personally cooked by you. This has to be one of the most romantic and thoughtful of gestures for a Valentines Gift. Shop in advance and prep early so you can both enjoy the meal. If cooking is not your thing and you don’t have a budget limit then a personal chef would really take this Valentines Gift to the next level!
- Dining experience. Choose your favourite eatery and delight her with pampering of wine and food of her favourite kind. If you choose this Valentines Gift then make sure you book early as the 14th February each year is notoriously one of the busiest nights to book a table.
And if you really want to go all out, why not book ten days of romance and create a romantic experience that delivers a lovers indulgence of your choice every month over the year starting February through to November? There’s nothing like spreading the Valentines Gift love throughout the annual calendar rather than just one day of the year!