5 tips for Great Settlement Gifts
Date Posted:27 July 2023
5 tips for Great Settlement Gifts
Have your clients been pleased with their settlement gifts?
Have you seen a lot of repeat and referral business from satisfied old clients?
If you answered no to either of these questions it may be time to reassess your gifting strategy.
The idea behind giving a settlement gift is to show clients your genuine appreciation for their business by leaving them with something to remember you and your business by.
Do make it personal
You don’t have to spend a fortune when selecting unique presents for clients but make it thoughtful. When it comes to memorable gifting it is the thought that counts. Add a personalised message, a great photo of the house, or even brand their name to a gift.
Don't assume one gift fits all
It’s important to be strategic when choosing the right gift. Not everyone drinks alcohol, does a single-person household want a basket of fruit?
Don’t go too corporate
A settlement gift welcomes a home, your brand only deserves a moment in the gifting process, not a place in their cupboard forever. Branding should be combined with a personal touch, not the hero.
Do opt for practicality
Show your clients just how much you care about anticipating their future in the house. Is the home a haven to be nurtured within, maybe a robe and slippers would be perfect. If it needs a lot of work maybe a homewares voucher with a hamper.
Don’t hire a courier
The best form of client gift giving is in person to cement your bond. The goal is to provide exceptional gifting solutions that leave a lasting impression and inspire others to refer your services. One trick is to pre-purchase hampers that have a 6mth shelf life, that way a gourmet hamper if only a hands reach away.
Should I create my own settlement gift hamper?
Creating your own settlement gift hamper can be a thoughtful and personalised gesture, but there are a few factors to consider before deciding whether to go this route:
- Cost: Creating a custom gift hamper allows you to control the contents and budget, as it's important to be mindful of costs. Depending on the items you choose and where from, paying RRP to create a hamper is not as cost-efficient as ordering a pre-made hamper where items have been bought in bulk at wholesale.
- Time and Effort: Crafting a custom gift hamper takes time and effort. You'll need to select and gather the items, arrange them aesthetically, and appealingly package the hamper. A good question to ask yourself is if it is the effective use of my time or my team's. Is a pre-made hamper delivered efficiently a better use of time?
- Cohesion: Consider brand cohesion when considering your next settlement gift hamper to make it more appealing and aligned with your business. The way you start a negotiation should be how you finalise and say thank you. With your brand present in its most authentic, consistent, and premium way, without being overbearing.
- Personalisation: One of the main advantages of creating your own settlement gift hamper is the ability to personalise it according to the recipient's preferences and interests. This can show that you've put thought and effort into selecting items that are meaningful to them. You can also personalise through branding, messaging, and adding a photo.
- Presentation: Presentation matters when it comes to settlement gifts. You'll need to make sure the hamper looks visually appealing and is well-packaged in a quality hamper. The presentation can enhance the overall impact of the relationship you have created over one of life's biggest purchases.
- Quality: Ensure that the items you choose are of good quality. A hamper with high-quality items will reflect positively on your gesture.
If you have the time, creativity, and resources to create a thoughtful and well-curated settlement gift hamper, it can be a wonderful way to express your sentiments. However, if you're short on time and presentation is everything in your industry, you might also consider purchasing a pre-made gift hamper from Edible Blooms. This will save you time, money and still convey your appreciation aesthetically.