Mother's Day Gifting, all you need to know.
Date Posted:13 April 2023
It's that time of year again, to recognise, respect, and be grateful for all the mother figures in our lives. But finding the perfect Mother's Day gift can get a little, how do we say - tiresome and expensive.
Did you know?
Flower prices do tend to go up around Mother's Day. This is because there is typically a higher demand for flowers during this time. Makes sense right? You want to make hay while the sun shines, but if you can gift flowers all year round at a better price. That begs to ask the following question...
Looking for a great alternative on Mother's Day to gifting flowers?
One option could be chocolate flowers.
Chocolate flowers combine all the fun things about flowers, from their vibrancy and colour, but minus the allergies and short life span. Plus they taste delicious.
Want more Mother's Day gifting alternatives to flowers? Here are some ideas:
- Plants: If you want to give a gift that lasts longer than flowers, consider gifting a plant instead. You can combine this with a few other cute products to make it special, like a candle or chocolates.
- Gourmet Food gifts: This could be a box of chocolates, a bottle of wine, or a gourmet hamper. The cute and nice thing about Mum's, is they always share their food.
- Experience gifts: Give the gift of a fun experience such as a cooking class, a spa day, or tickets to a concert or show.
- Personalised gifts: Personalised gifts are always thoughtful and can show your loved one that you put some extra effort into their gift. Consider a favourite photo, with monogrammed initials.
Gift hampers can include all of the above.
If you're looking for gift hampers for women, here are some ideas:
- Spa Hamper: This could include items such as bath salts, shower gel, body lotion, a loofah, a bathrobe, and scented candles.
- Gourmet Food Hamper: Fill a basket with items such as chocolates, wine, gourmet cheese, crackers, and nuts.
- Tea Hamper: Create a gift set with a selection of loose-leaf teas, a tea infuser, and some gourmet treats like honey or biscuits.
- Fresh Fruit Hampers: Put a twist on the everyday fresh fruit hamper and combine it with dipping chocolate or luxury choc dipped strawberries & a cheeky donut.
- Plant Hamper - a gift that not only has a cheeky sweet treat but is combined with a gift that keeps on giving and brightens a room, long after Mother's Day.
Remember to personalize the hamper to the recipient's interests and preferences. You can also add a thoughtful note or card expressing your appreciation for them.
What's the most popular Mother's Day gift, besides Flowers?
Chocolate has you covered in every format. From the gourmet to the down-and-dirty supermarket brands we all love.
If you want to take your chocolate Mother's Day gifting up a notch, why not consider...
- Chocolate Gift Box: A beautiful box of assorted chocolates is a classic and timeless gift that never goes out of style. Look for high-quality chocolates like Lindt truffles or Chocolatier Belgian chocolate. Or unique flavours to try, from strawberry to salted caramel.
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries: Fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate are a decadent and elegant treat that will surely impress your mom.
- Personalized Chocolate Bars: You can create customized chocolate bars with personalized messages or images that will make your mom feel special or a chocolate treat gift box with a personalised gift tag.
- Chocolate Gift Basket: A basket filled with an assortment of chocolates, from chocolate donuts, to biscuits or a simple milk chocolate mix.
- Chocolate Truffles: Rich and creamy truffles make for a luxurious and indulgent gift that your mom will surely love.