There’s nothing better than curling up with a fresh cup of tea and your favourite gardening book, don’t you agree?
Here are our top 7 gardening reads, there’s a nice mix in here...let us know what you think.
1. The House Gardener – Ideas and Inspiration for indoor gardens (Isabelle Palmer) Jam packed with ideas, inspiration and new projects relating to home gardening. We love this.
2. A Garden of Inspiration – Quotations for lovers of gardening and growing (Jo Brielyn) This is just the sweetest little book, the perfect gift for someone special or even for yourself J
3. The Complete Guide to Growing Healing and Medicinal Herbs – Everything you need explained simply (Wendy Vincent) This book will guide you through the step-by-step process of learning about and growing your own healing herbs, starting with the basics of what each herb can do and proceeding to show you everything you need to cultivate them yourself. Cool.
4. The Backyard Parables – Lessons on Gardening and Life (Margaret Roach) A beautiful collection of tales about life and about gardening from Roach, herself.
5. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett) This is a stunning, timeless classic. It has very little to do with actual gardening but we think it’s a great read none the less.
6. The Untamed Garden (Sonia Day) In this charming book, master gardener Sonia Day brings together delicious tidbits from myth, history, botany, and plant lore to reveal how plants have seduced our hearts, minds, and bodies throughout the ages.
7. The Language of Flowers – A classic compendium. This is a beautiful detail of the meanings attributed to flowers and plants by the Victorians, and reveals them anew to the modern reader.
Happy reading Greenies!!
Love GTG xxxx