Why we love chocolate-coated raspberries
Date Posted:26 May 2023
We love our delicious hamper ingredients equally, but if we had to pick a stand out it would be our chocolate-coated raspberries.
An absolute team favourite and featured in many of our best-selling hampers, this delicious little chocolate treat is a favourite for several reasons:
- Flavour combination: The sweet and slightly tart flavour of raspberry jubes pairs perfectly with the rich and creamy taste of milk chocolate. The contrasting flavours create a delicious balance that many people find irresistible - ok, we find it irresistible.
- Texture contrast: The soft and chewy texture of the raspberry jube complements the smooth and velvety texture of chocolate. The combination of the two textures adds a delightful sensory experience to each bite.
- Visual appeal: They look super cute decanted, which makes them the perfect addition to a hamper, and when decanted and shared with guests they can provide a surprise taste sensation. As opposed to more traditional chocolate treats like chocolate-coated nuts. Cut them in half and the vibrant red colour of raspberries against the glossy, brown chocolate coating creates an attractive and visually appealing treat.
- Health benefits: Raspberries are known for their nutritional value but alas ours are raspberry jubes. However, we do believe that when coated in delicious creamy milk chocolate for a hot minute, they make all your worries go away...
- Indulgence factor: Chocolate-coated raspberries can be seen as a luxurious and indulgent treat. The combination of the fruity freshness of raspberries and the decadence of chocolate creates a sense of indulgence and satisfaction.
Overall, the combination of flavours, textures, visual appeal, and the indulgent nature of chocolate-coated raspberries makes them a popular choice among chocolate lovers.
Fancy knowing a little more about where our chocolate-coated raspberries come from?
Melba's Chocolates is a well-known chocolate manufacturer based in Woodside, South Australia. One of Edible Bloom's favourite places in the world.
It was founded in 1981 by the Day family and has since become a popular destination for chocolate lovers, offering a wide variety of handmade chocolates and confectionery products. They use traditional chocolate-making techniques and high-quality ingredients to create their delicious treats. Some of their popular offerings include milk chocolate bars, dark chocolate bars, chocolate-coated nuts, truffles, chocolate-covered fruits, and assorted chocolate gift boxes.
In addition to its range of chocolates, Melba's Chocolates also operates a visitor centre and factory outlet. Although they don't offer guided tours to see the chocolate-making process firsthand, you can still explore the factory and learn about the history of chocolate and watch the process through viewing windows. The factory outlet offers an extensive selection of Melba's chocolate products, as well as other Australian-made confectionery and souvenirs.
Melba's Chocolates has gained a reputation for its commitment to quality and taste, and its products are enjoyed by chocolate enthusiasts both locally and internationally.
Edible Blooms are all about surprise and delight. Melba's chocolate-coated raspberries fit perfectly into that strategy. The unexpected flavour sensation and high-quality ingredients all add an extra taste sensation to our hampers.